Hiring the Playhouse - General Conditions
There shall be in attendance at all times during any public performance or entertainment, one steward or attendant for every 100 where the audience is predominantly seated. Where the performance is mainly for children, there shall be one steward for every 50 persons. The minimum number of stewards on duty is to be one in the stalls and one in the gallery.
As far as is applicable and appropriate, attendants should be instructed in their duties in accordance with the provisions of "The Manager's Responsibilities" annexed to these conditions.
- The Hirer shall ensure that a satisfactory standard of cleanliness is maintained throughout the premises but shall in particular have regard to:
- areas where food and drink are stored, prepared or served.
- sanitary accommodation provided for staff, patrons and performers.
- not allow any lewd, obscene, immoral or indecent performances, recitation or exhibitions or any performances which are offensive to public decency or calculated to excite any breach of the peace to take place on the premises.
- not allow any indecent poster, advertisement, film, photograph, programme or video tape to be displayed or shown on the premises.
- maintain and keep good order and decent behaviour and shall not permit any drunkenness or other disorderly conduct on the premises.
- the safety and condition of the premises and equipment, fixtures and fittings used thereon.
- the safety of any activities or work systems taking place on the premises.
- the sufficiency of attendants or staff employed to retain control on all parts of the premises as stated in the General Conditions No.1 hereto.
The Hirer or person in charge shall:
The means of exit in all parts of the premises shall be kept free of obstruction and constantly in such a state as to be available for instant free egress.
5. Fire Precautions
Attendants shall be instructed of their duties in case of fire, including the need to call the Fire Brigade, in the methods of ensuring a proper and orderly evacuation of the building and in the use of the fire extinguishers provided.
A First-Aid kit is provided. The Hirer is to report to the Charity if it has been necessary to use the kit.
The Hirer shall ensure that the use of the premises, including the provision of music thereat, does not cause unreasonable annoyance, disturbance or a nuisance to persons in the neighbourhood, and shall take all necessary precautions accordingly.
8. Over Crowding
Overcrowding in such numbers as to endanger the staff, patrons or performers shall not be permitted on any part of the premises. The maximum number of persons permitted on the premises shall not exceed 150 (Maximum of 60 in the gallery).
9. Person in Charge
A "person in charge" (the Manager), who shall be a responsible person over the age of 18, is to be appointed by the Hirer for each particular occasion of use.
10. Powers of Entry
Police Officers, members of the Fire Service and any authorised officer of North Kesteven District Council shall at all times have free access to the premises and the Hirer shall comply with any reasonable recommendation or request made.
The Hirer shall ensure, so far as reasonable, that staff, patrons and performers are not exposed to risks to their health and safety while on the premises. In particular, the Hirer shall have regard to:
The Hirer shall have also regard to the advice contained in the "Manager's Responsibilities" annexed to these conditions.
12. Naked Lights, Smoke and Similar Effects
Naked lights of any kind are prohibited. Real or artificial smoke shall not be produced, or pyrotechnics of any description shall not be used in the premises.